Friday, March 12, 2010

CVA 1851 Navy .36

I just recieved a Kit for a CVA (Connecticut Vally Arms) 1851 Navy .36 caliber revolver with a brass frame. CVA is not known for it's high quality but it's affordable and a good way to get people interested at a reasonable cost. I've got to get my Pics taken before I start so I can document all the changes I do to this revolver. I've only just taken it out of the box and find I have no parts list or any kind of paperwork so I'll have to take apart my other revolver to check the parts with :p Never fails haha. One thing I'm hopeing to change is the wood grip. It's a soft wood and not looking to good. I'm going to play around and see if I can make a better one. All else fails I get experience in making wood grips :p

As Pics and steps in the making get done I'll post them. Next pics will be how things look out of the box....

1 comment:

  1. I own and shoot one of these revolvers that was bought back in 1995 its been a fun and reliable.
    good luck with yours I have the books that came with mine if ya have any Questions

    ReplyDelete